1. Be prepared. Please review basic math fractions and be familiar with how they operate. Becoming familiar with these basic building blocks will ensure that participants are able to calculate units of energy & power used in the workshops.
2. Please read through the solar articles below to become familiar with terminology, language, concepts and applications used in the workshop.
Click on the articles below to read valuable solar information:
- Temperature and Heat in Solar Thermal Collector Systems
- Active Solar Systems for Space Heating and Hot Water
- The 100% Solar Heated home
- A Frost-free Community Solar Greenhouse
- A Simple Elegant Solar Hot Water Drain-back System
- The Sustainability Buzz or What Is Sustainability
- Thermal Mass for Passive Solar Heat Storage
- Insulation for Passive Solar Buildings
- Building Awareness with Solar
- Solar Heating Design Options
- Passive Solar Home Heating
- Good House Bad House
- Peak Oil
- Book Review
- Home Energy Perspective
Flexibility is built in to accommodate your travel situation. All 4-day workshops begin on Thursday morning at 9am and end on Sunday evening at 5 pm. Please plan to arrive on Wednesday afternoon/evening to get yourself set up for camping. An light evening meal will be provided on Wednesday. Or, depending on your travel situation, you may wish to arrive early on Thursday morning. Similarly—to suit your schedule—departures can occur on Sunday evening or on Monday morning when a light breakfast will be provided.